Our little *boy* continues to grow! He was pretty sleepy during our appointment last week. He decided he wanted to stay on his left side and wiggle his arms and legs throughout the ultrasound. The technician tried several “tricks” to get him to move around a bit but he was pretty comfy and decided he wasn’t moving! He has long legs…definitely thanks to Daddy on that one! We also discovered that I have an anterior placenta (it’s in front of the baby rather than behind-posterior). Basically it’s adding an extra cushion to the front and I can’t feel all of his moves just yet. She also said it will take a little longer for Darrin to feel him from the outside. That part kid of stinks for him because he is so excited to feel ‘his boy’ move for the first time. I did feel movement from the outside for the first time on Saturday morning. It was so neat! I placed Darrin’s hand on my belly but he wasn’t able to feel anything just yet. He seems to be pretty active in the morning as the alarm sounds. I like to lay in bed for a few minutes before getting up just to feel his movement. :o)
Darrin is already a proud Daddy! He will tell anyone who will listen about ‘his boy’ and is quick to whip out the ultrasound images! I love watching him in action. It really melts my heart! He is going to be a fantastic Daddy. He talks to the baby on a routine basis too! We sat in bed on Saturday morning for almost two hours daydreaming and discussing our *son*. It was one of the most fantastic moments I’ve shared with Darrin. We are both so excited and thankful to be in this position.
Thank you to our friends and family for all of your love and support and for sharing in our this exciting time in our lives. We can’t wait to meet our little boy!
Love,
Nicole

OH BABY, or should I say "OH BOY"!!!! My grandson sure is getting bigger by the week and so is my daughters belly. My Mom always told me, " a big belly means a healthy baby, not to mention a "BIG" baby". There was never a doubt in my mind that Darin would be a "terrific" DAD!!! Here's to a great set of parents to be!!
ReplyDeleteHUGS AND KISSES,
MOM....GRANDMA
Oh Darrin and Nicole!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sitting at my desk Sobbing like a child... I'm so excited for the two- or should I say three- of you. You both will be such great parents!! I'm so happy that you look healthy and well Nicole. I can't wait to meet my nephew.
XOXOXO
Mary
WOW! Your Mom is right Nicole....definately growing!!!! You look radiant! I hope I am as beautiful as you when I am pregnant. You WILL both make fabulous parents! Love, Sarah
ReplyDeleteOK, so you still have a waist!!!!!!!!! How is that possible??????? I don't have a waist and I am not pregnant. hahahaha
ReplyDelete