* Caden John *

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 26, 2010

5 weeks

We've had quite a busy week full of all sorts of excitement! Wednesday evening we went to Pappy and Grandma's (Darrin's parents) and visited with some family while making mountain pies and s'mores. (FYI a mountain pie is basically a toasted cheese sandwich made over a fire....I never heard of them until I moved to central Pa....)



On Thursday, Caden visited State College for the first time since his birth. Darrin had a test to determine if he was lactose intolerant (he's not!) so Caden and I spent some time running errands and enjoying State College. He had his first visit to a restaurant too! After Darrin was finished, we went to Applebees. Caden slept the entire time. It was nice to be out and about.

Saturday was Caden's first "road trip"! We traveled to Greencastle to celebrate Olivia's sixth birthday. Caden was a super traveler! He enjoyed visiting with his cousins, aunt, uncle, and grandparents. We were so proud of him! It was a nice ride and gave us hope that our ride to Wilkes-Barre will be just as delightful as Saturday's ride.

We received a call yesterday morning from the nursery at Mount Nittany asking if we would bring Caden over for his hearing test. We were scheduled for August 10th so we decided to go over to have the test completed. He passed! :o) Darrin asked the nurse if we could weigh Caden before we left. We know he is really growing....we were stunned when the scale read 10.5 pounds!!! Our little guy is a ten pounder! I couldn't believe it! (Along with passing his hearing test, he also graduated from newborn diapers! I think he's pretty excited about that because filling the newborn diaper is no longer a challenge.)

After the hearing test, Caden celebrated with Pop and Grammy while Darrin and I went to the grocery store. We decided we should take Caden with us when we shop because we spent $200 at the store....when Caden is with us we motor through the store and usually come out spending somewhere between 75-100 dollars. OOPS!! Sorry Pop and Grammy...we may have to take the little guy with us next time! hehe

Caden and I were finally able to take a morning walk today! The weather hasn't cooperated much. We enjoyed the first few minutes of our walk until we came to a rather large, ferocious rottweiler. He was inside of a house (I know..so what) however, he was frothing, barking, and ready to jump through the screen that was literally propped up against the window. My heart was beating out of my chest and I tried to figure out how I could save Caden from the dog if he jumped out of the window. I continued walking as my eyes filled with tears and I began to panic. I looked down at Caden and thought I can't let anything happen to you. I quickly turned around and took off down the road in the opposite direction. I told Caden we will NEVER go past that house again!!! I'm sure my version of the story doesn't sound too scary.....I assure you it was!!

We enjoyed the rest of the walk in the opposite direction. I was so scared but thankful nothing happened. I can only imagine what Darrin is going to say when he hears about our close call with the scary dog.

2 comments:

  1. My, Caden, you are growing up so fast. Congratulations on your graduation from newborns. Looks like you enjoyed visiting with family. How much did Darrin pay you to have his picture taken in the "I love Daddy" bib?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures. Especially the one with his eyes open. But my absolute favorite one is the one with his bib on. Caden told me he wants to come to grammy's when you go for groceries. He find sgrocery shopping boring!!

    Hugs and Kisses,
    Grammy and Pop

    ReplyDelete